Top Popes' Quotes About The Truth Of The Bible
TOP POPES' QUOTES ABOUT THE TRUTH OF THE BIBLE
1. Through the Bible we get to know God's presence in human history
"The Bible is not a historical curio, but “the work of the Holy Spirit, through which we can hear the very voice of the Lord and know his presence in history” – our human history."
Pope Benedict 16th, The Church In The Middle East, 2012.
2. The Bible is a great story of mercy, love, tenderness, closeness and forgiveness
"The Bible is the great story of the marvels of God’s mercy. Every one of its pages is steeped in the love of the Father who from the moment of creation wished to impress the signs of his love on the universe. Through the words of the prophets and the wisdom writings, the Holy Spirit shaped the history of Israel as a recognition of God’s tenderness and closeness, despite the people’s infidelity. Jesus’ life and preaching decisively marked the history of the Christian community, which has viewed its mission in terms of Christ’s command to be a permanent instrument of his mercy and forgiveness.
Pope Francis, Mercy with Misery, 2016.
3. The Bible is the Church's book
"The Bible is the Church’s book, and its essential place in the Church’s life gives rise to its genuine interpretation."
Pope Benedict 16th, The Word Of The Lord, 2010.
4. The Bible is an essential element in teaching Catholic religion
"The communication of the truth and beauty of the word of God and knowledge of the Bible is an essential element of the curriculum for teaching the Catholic religion."
Pope Benedict 16th, Address, 2009.
5. Love of God and neighbour as described in the Bible is central to Christian existence
"The essence of the love of God and neighbour as described in the Bible is shown to be the centre of Christian existence, the result of faith."
Pope Benedict 16th, Address, 2006.
- Top Pope Francis' Quotes About Global And Local Solidarity
- Top Pope's Quotes About Mother Mary - The Blessed Virgin